~This blog is intended as an avenue to spread the Gospel and to encourage those who are already Christians. I hope you'll begin by reading my Faith Story located in the July 2011 archives.~











Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Not That Complicated

     Help!  How do we reach those who have never heard?  How can we even begin to make a difference in a broken and suffering world and show them who Jesus is?  Doesn't God care that our task here on earth seems hopeless and insurmountable?  How do we begin to fulfill the Great Commission in our crazy, hectic lives?

     I try to answer these questions with statistics I've stored in my mind, preachers I've heard or books I've read.  Book learnin'.   And then I think of Jesus.  And I take time to read His words.  And it all begins to make sense.  He doesn't need us to worry about the details of how His kingdom will come. He has that all figured out.  He is God of the universe, after all.  Jesus wants me to use my hands and feet to love His children. He wants me to use my mouth to proclaim His glory.   In Matthew 25, Jesus shared a parable of the goats and the sheep and He tells us:

  " I was hungry and you fed me,
   I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
   I was homeless and you gave me a room,
   I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
   I was sick and you stopped to visit,
   I was in prison and you came to me.
 Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was Me—you did it to Me."

     This is how I'll begin to serve.  It doesn't have to be complicated but He never said it was easy.  We need patience in the process to become like Him and faith that He will finish the work He has started in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment