~This blog is intended as an avenue to spread the Gospel and to encourage those who are already Christians. I hope you'll begin by reading my Faith Story located in the July 2011 archives.~











Monday, November 28, 2011

Does It Matter Who We Pray To?



 When the kids were small, I began looking for a church to attend.  I wanted that church to be tolerant of differences and open to all lifestyle choices.  It needed to be accepting of those who prayed to Jesus, Buddha, the Universe or themselves.  After all, who was I to judge?  I had been recently enlightened, you see.  Those who believed Jesus was the only way to God were judgmental, narrow-minded and exclusive.  I wanted church, but I wanted a church of my own making.  I believed everyone was entitled to their own "truth" and that prayers to Allah, mother earth or Jesus all reached the same place.  I liked Jesus best, but the Jesus I had created in my own mind would certainly agree with my idea of utopia here on earth.

     God had specific plans for my life (just as He has for yours) and I stopped looking for that church.  I couldn't get away from the fact that Christianity rises and falls on the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  If this event is historically true, it makes all other religions false.  Jesus claimed again and again that He was the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one could know God except through Him.  I chose to listen,  turn away from all my confusion and follow Him.   If we want a secure hope, we must choose the God who really exists and the evidence stacks up for Jesus Christ.   Yes, Christianity is exclusive in it's claims to be the only truth.  But it is free to every living person who has a bit of faith and chooses to put their trust in Him.  And the gift is peace on earth and eternal life.

    I've done my research and have been open to anything that tickled my itching ears.  But all those other religions and all those other so-called gods were lacking the one thing most needful:  Jesus Christ.  I had forgotten, but was blessedly reminded that "there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."  Acts 4:12.  Do you want answers to your questions?  Seek them and He's promised to show you the answers.  What are you waiting for?

1 comment:

  1. Once again, WOW!! Thank you for sharing your heart. I think we've all thought the same thoughts at some point. "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess..."

    ReplyDelete