~This blog is intended as an avenue to spread the Gospel and to encourage those who are already Christians. I hope you'll begin by reading my Faith Story located in the July 2011 archives.~











Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Can't Do It


I became so discouraged the other day. I was trying so hard to love the seemingly unlovable and it just wasn't happening. And I was trying to fix a problem with all my might and I just couldn't fix it. I prayed and begged for help from God. I wanted to be more like Him but it was and is so very hard. What was wrong with my Christian walk?

I was kind of blown away when He answered me that very night. In my reading, I read these very words..."We can't simply make up our minds to love others. The only way we can love the way God wants us to is when the Holy Spirit loves through us, when we give up control of our lives to Him." This may not seem like much to others, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was the answer I was seeking and I thanked Him for His grace in answering my pleas.

You and I can't love perfectly. It is impossible. And we can't fix our problems although we sometimes think we can. How do we do something we're incapable of doing? How do we live the Christian life when we are so imperfect? Simply put, we can't. "With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

And that's where grace comes in yet again. God will do it for us. Apart from Him we can do nothing. When we surrender our life to Jesus, He loves others through us. He fixes our problems in ways we may not be able to see or fathom. But we have to give up our human control.

We can do nothing on our own, but others will see Him in us when we let Him lead. God will shine through you when you love your spouse more than you love yourself. Others will see Him when we pray to follow His will, not our own. With God, we can take the hand of the hurting and sick and share the pain. In these everyday acts, He is glorified. But the key is...give up your human tendency to be perfect. Cause you can't be. But with God, all things are possible.

1 comment: