~This blog is intended as an avenue to spread the Gospel and to encourage those who are already Christians. I hope you'll begin by reading my Faith Story located in the July 2011 archives.~











Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In the Trenches

     My, my, my.  It was so much easier to love God and love my neighbor as myself this summer when life was simple and stress-free.  Now, I'm back in the trenches and I feel defeated already.  My workload is such that I can't seem to get to the top of it, some of the kids are beginnning to drive me crazy and even the crazy, neighbor man has made me angry and spiteful.  I catch myself talking about the people driving me crazy instead of loving them.  I see friends in need but haven't had time to care for them.  How do I show the love of God in times of stress?  I'm not sure, but would love some of my readers to offer suggestions. 

     As for now, I know God hasn't left me alone. He's still there and He is in control of every detail of my day.  I will begin by asking forgiveness for wrong thoughts and deeds.  I pray this verse aloud, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Oh Lord, My Rock and my Redeemer"  Psalms 19:14 ESV.   I will also pray for patience and wisdom.  He will never leave me or forsake me.  And love will win because He is in control of my life. 



If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Corinthians 13



4 comments:

  1. I completely understand, though I'm not working full time in a stressful environment. Just a few days back subbing and I feel like all my spiritual life has gone packing. I'll be praying for you and all the staff and kids (and neighbors)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty Beth. My need to understand where I am right now sends me into confusion and defeat. God simply reminded me this morning that He truly is in control and i dont have to be. So from someone who has to work REALLY hard to relax, all i can say is sometimes just giving in to God and accepting that He loves me is as far as i can go. He has to carry me through the rest. And He is that Gentle and Caring Shepherd that has Strong enough Arms to carry my heavy load. Much love to you, In Christ Alone, Cindy Wyant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, my sweet girl. I pray God will give you peace of mind and strength for your body in the midst of all the stresses you are going through. Call me if you need me and I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys. In our weaknesses, we are made strong. My sins show me just how weak I really am. But I am a sinner saved by grace. Cindy, I think of you every day and I believe He has your life all mapped out. And like you said, He is in control and all you can do right now is wait and know He loves you. You always have such wise words. You are precious to us.

    ReplyDelete