~This blog is intended as an avenue to spread the Gospel and to encourage those who are already Christians. I hope you'll begin by reading my Faith Story located in the July 2011 archives.~











Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Bible for Dummies Part 3/ Hidden Truths Revealed

    # 3 Truth I've Learned About the Bible: (His Truths are Revealed to Believers)

 There was a time when I'd stare at the pages of the Bible and remain confused and angry.  Oftentimes, I'd just avoid reading it altogether because I didn't see it as relevant.  But then I became a true believer and chose to make Him the center of my life and a really cool thing happened.  The Holy Spirit allowed me to see those same words but I understood them. 

     I'm not talking about miraculous illuminations or direct revelations.  And I'm not talking about twisting scripture so it will align with one's man-made interpretation of truth.  He awakened me to His truth and alerts me to the Bible's promises.  It has become like a big, juicy novel I can't wait to pick up again.  It's no longer like reading someone else's mail but is speaking specifically to my heart. 

     You see, to unbelievers the truths of the Bible remain foolishness and make no sense.  Unbelievers can't see because they are choosing to remain in darkness. If you haven't already, I urge you to place all your faith in your creator and ask for wisdom to understand the Bible.  He will send His Holy Spirit to be your guide and you will wallk in the light.




"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path"
Psalm 119:105.

No comments:

Post a Comment